In these past few months, we have seen the world turned upside down with fear and uncertainty dominating the world conversations and headlines. Disruption in economic activity led to many job losses and people left without hope. In the faces of these odds, we want to ask a bold question, what can LOVE do? When crisis isolates us, love brings us together. A community that was once divided is united. When the headlines read fear, love instills courage and hope. We believe when a community is divided by hate and crisis arises, LOVE is the only force that can change the headlines and bring a community together.
WHEN LOVE LEADS is an Evangelistic Humanitarian Campaign project that focuses on displaying the greatest love the community of Holfontein in Trichardt has ever seen.
The community of Holfontein in Trichardt has a population of about 800 people. 80% of the population is found unemployed and the need to pour love as the body of Christ and support the community is crucial at this time. 90% of the population is not born again, issues of theft, human trafficking and rape has been reported in regards to this community. Prostitution is high as women put themselves in this position as to provide for their children. The need to win souls is greater especially in this season where most people have lost hope. As Accendo Ministries in collaboration with different movements and churches have decided to have this project as to pour the greatest love the community of Holfontein has ever seen.
HOW ARE WE GOING TO DO IT?
The project has 3 STAGES, with STAGE 2 being the main stage that will bring about transformation of the community.
- MOBILIZE the church to work in unity to see the transformation of their community.
- REPOSITION the church to take a lead in their community, to serve the community. The church is called to be an agent of change in a nation
- REBRAND the church to be known for what God has called them to be, which is a place of love, a place of safety and refuge, a place that cares for the poor, a place which will uplift people and show them the potential that God has given them to bring impact in a nation. A place that stands for righteousness and peace.
- TRAIN the church how to run an organization. We believe what limits the church to grow and make significant impact in a community is not an anointing issue but the management and running of an organization. We want to train Pastors, help them how to run and structure their organization in line with the vision that God has called to be. Help them how to structure an organization to ensure the health and sustainable growth of the church, help them to prepare for the harvest we going to experience in the community of Holfontein.
- ONLINE PRAYER EVENT; Host an online prayer event on the 25th of July 2020 from 10am – 11am in collaboration with the churches from Holfontein, churches from the community of Embalenhle, Prayer team from Campus Crusade For Christ SA and Prayer Storm. The prayer is focused on praying for the community of Holfontein and it will be broadcasted live on the Accendo Ministries Facebook and Youtube Page.
WE BELIEVE THE CHURCH HAS BEEN CALLED TO BE AN AGENT OF CHANGE IN A COMMUNITY. IT HAS BEEN CALLED TO BE A VOICE THAT WILL BRING IMPACT AND TRANSFORMATION IN THE COMMUNITY. STAGE 1 OF THE PROJECT WILL TAKE PLACE THROUGH THE WHOLE MONTH OF JULY 2020.
This is the main part of the project, It will take place on the 12th of September 2020. On this day we want to give 5 hours of service to the community of Holfontein. Display the greatest form of love the community has ever seen. Can a nation be saved in a day, can a nation be transformed in a moment? Yes it can.
- To provide 500 food parcels to families that are in need, 500 sanitizers, 500 winter blankets, 500 bibles and 100 sanitary pads.
- Challenge the community to work with us to put an end to littering and take charge in order to live in a clean environment. On that specific day, together with the community we plan to clean the environment. We believe the health of a community is determined by having a clean environment.
- Evangelize; We believe the salvation of a person is imperative than supplying food. The problems we face as a nation it can either be social, economical or political; it is a moral issue, it is a matter of the heart. Only Jesus can transform the heart of a person and when people’s hearts are transformed in a community that leads to a transformed community. For when the righteous prosper the city rejoices (Proverbs 11:10). But when there are no righteous people the city is in chaos. The salvation of people is imperative. House to house, and one on one evangelism will be done working hand in hand with the churches of the community. A mini crusade will be done as well on the day.
- Free screening and health tests will be done in the community on that day.
(NOTE: WE WILL BE WORKING WITH THE LOCAL MUNICIPALITY, LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT AND HEALTH AUTHORITIES FOR THE 12TH OF SEPTEMBER 2020. COMPLIANCE TO COVID-19 REGULATIONS WILL BE APPLIED)
- Run ENTREPRENEURIAL TRAININGS with the community in collaboration with the local businesses of Secunda, Evander, Kinross and Trichardt.
- Support the DAY CARE CENTRE of the community of Holfontein. Revamp the day care centre to make it conducive for the kids of Holfontein. Provide books and stationery to the day care centre for the kids to use.
- Have a small EVANGELISTIC CRUSADE for the kids using the JESUS FILM project to lead them to the Lord.
WATCH THE VIDEO EXPLAINING THE STAGE 2 OF THE PROJECT
CHOOSE THE OPTION BELOW TO GIVE TOWARDS THE PROJECT
- ADOPT A FAMILY BY GIVING R250 TOWARDS A FOOD PARCEL
- ADOPT A FAMILY BY GIVING R100 TOWARDS A WINTER BLANKET
- REVAMP DAY CARE CENTRE(ANY AMOUNT)
- ENTREPRENEURIAL TRAINING (ANY AMOUNT)
FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THE PROJECT FILL IN THE CONTACT FORM BELOW